Lake City, FL
Rebekah Prewitt, MA
Tele.: (407) 731-9998
What is Christian Counseling? The Bible addresses the struggles and pain in the human heart, and it provides the precise diagnosis to deal with each of those struggles. Biblical counseling seeks to draw out those cures from God's Word and inject them into the human soul with the goal of seeing men and women healed and restored to the honor and glory of God. Romans 15:4 states, “For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.”
1. NO MATTER THE PROBLEM, THERE IS HELP FOR YOU IN JESUS CHRIST!!!
2. Counseling may entail Bible reading, prayer, singing, instruction in righteousness, and assignments.
3. Be aware that you may face resistance from the enemy for seeking godly counsel. Don’t let that hinder you from coming. This normally means that you are headed on the right path.
4. During the counseling session, you might hear things that go contrary to what you think or believe. Please don't hear what is said and pass it through your own judgment (feelings, opinions, view, etc.) to see whether or not it is correct. Instead, hear what is said and pass it through the Word of God (Bible). Romans 3:4 states, “Let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.”
5. Be honest. You must be willing to be open and honest if you truly want to be healed. Don’t pretend to look good before the counselor that will only delay your help and make things worse. This would be like brushing your teeth before you go to the dentist.
6. Please don’t use profanity of any sort. Some people don't say the actual words but spell it out. This is not allowed.
7. Please refuse to slander anyone you are talking about. If you must talk about another person, don't be furtive in bringing up an evil report against them.
8. Through the guidance of the Holy Spirit, the counselor will provide the best Biblical solution to your problem. Failure to follow Biblical counsel will result in termination. For instance, if you are coming to counseling in pretense and you are not serious about getting the help you need, then you will be released from further counseling.
9. If you choose to lose control of yourself, talk over the counselor, start shouting, try to take charge of the session, or exhibit any other disruptive behavior, your counseling will be immediately terminated.
10. Please do not bring anyone with you who is not part of the counseling session. (For ex. sister, friend, baby, etc.)
11. No unholy materials will be permitted on the property. (For ex. horoscope, magazines, videos, etc.)
12. You will be expected to dress modestly. The term “modest” as it relates to clothing, is defined as “not revealing or emphasizing a person's figure.” In addition, clothing with profanity, nudity, or unholy symbols is not allowed.
13. Please do not wear any perfumes, cologne, or body fragrances to the sessions. Strong scents leave a lingering odor in the office that others may be sensitive to.
14. Shoes. For the purpose of cleanliness, you will be asked to take off your shoes at the front door.
15. If you scheduled a phone session, you will receive a call from our office at the time you selected. Please be available in a setting that is not noisy.
16. The counseling offered by Rebekah Prewitt and/or Billy Prewitt is Bible based Christian Counseling and is an extension of Church ministry. As such, the principles provided in the Bible will not only be the basis for counsel but also for the practice of the counselors. Strict confidentiality is not guaranteed. It may be necessary for counselors to discuss cases amongst themselves, and in such cases, the counselors retain the right to do so. Any statements made regarding the intent to harm self or others or commit crime will be taken seriously and reported to the appropriate agency.
By scheduling, you understand and agree to abide by the above statements as they apply.